Hope and Joy and Faith

Ok let’s be honest here. I’m in need of some hope and faith. To be very honest I just prayed to God over Kai that He would carry Kai on this journey and I wanted to give up all selfishness in wanting to keep him here on Earth because I do not want him to suffer and if He is to take him soon that He please do it peacefully. And the truth is, after this prayer and I guess giving Kai to God, I felt some hope. But I need your help. Kai is sleeping really peacefully right now – this is amazing. There is that verse that talks about faith as small as a mustard seed – and I have been struggling to have that these past days especially after yesterday’s diagnosis. So let’s hear it for faith, joy and hope! I want to believe, I really really do. Because I do know God can heal. I remembered this one video that I thought I’d share as good inspiration…. Kai thinks he’s hilarious and somewhere in his head he’s told himself THE best joke ever.

thank you for helping us have faith – you are being the Body of Christ to us and it is amazing.

and as I’m finishing this – Kai is awake and he is hungry and he got off the couch and took my hand so I could help me walk over to the refrigerator to show me what he wanted. He also stuck his finger in my ear to tickle me. These are good signs I think. 🙂

10 Comments on Hope and Joy and Faith

1. Cori Feldman
    March 14, 2014 at 11:45 am (8 years ago)

THAT is an incredible little laugh! You can’t help but smile to hear it.

2. toodie schwartz
    March 14, 2014 at 12:10 pm (8 years ago)

thanks so much for sharing. those are the things we need to think about.

3. Patricia Baker
    March 14, 2014 at 12:20 pm (8 years ago)

Beautiful laugh. Please dont worry when your faith seems weak sometimes, God understands.Deep down you have more faith than you realize. Praying for you and your precious boy. I truly believe he will be healed

4. Cathy Olig
    March 14, 2014 at 12:32 pm (8 years ago)

Kai is making me and Sonya smile and laugh! We are watching it again and again!

I have been reading this daily Lent book, and yesterday talked about the writer learning “that God won’t give me (him) anything that He can’t handle through His Spirit that works in me (him).”

5. jenny harrison
    March 14, 2014 at 12:34 pm (8 years ago)

Absolutely LOVE IT! God is good!

6. Joanne Uccello
    March 14, 2014 at 12:58 pm (8 years ago)

I’m at a loss for words-you and Shawn are remarkable-you are the perfect examples of the faith, hope and joy you seek…God is with you and your family and He can move mountains…

7. Caroline Lederman
    March 14, 2014 at 2:33 pm (8 years ago)

This video is the BEST! I don’t know if the Band-Aid was for a particular purpose, but I remember Andrew at around this age just simply wanting to wear band-aids everywhere on his body! This gorgeous little boy chose you as his parents to help him traverse this life time, however long it may be, and you are doing a tremendous job! There is ALWAYS reason to hope and miracles do happen EVERY day. We are sending you all the love in the world.

8. Maureen Voosen
    March 14, 2014 at 2:53 pm (8 years ago)

You are all so strong, and please know here is a huge community standing behind you and supporting you in this journey.

9. Heidii Bugbee
    March 14, 2014 at 3:48 pm (8 years ago)

Love him!!!

10. Sara Nunez
    March 15, 2014 at 7:21 pm (8 years ago)

I’ve read several things that have gotten me through difficult times. One is that if you are loved from beginning to end that is the only things that matters. Kai is profoundly loved by you, family, friends, and Jesus. That alone gives him so much strength! Never loose faith guys. None of us know how long we have here on earth regardless of our health. Lots of people were given poor odds and lived long healthy lives. Put your faith in God. Let him solve the problems we can’t and continue to love your beautiful boy. What matters is being loved! As long as he knows that, Kai can get through anything. So many positive thoughts and prayers for your family and Kai. God bless!